The lawsuits alleging sexual harassment have been dismissed.
Casey Affleck has been in the news a lot lately for his controversial directorial debut, I’m Still Here, but many people might recall how it was just a few months ago that the actor/director found himself getting sued by two women for sexual harassment. Those lawsuits have finally been resolved.
According to The Los Angeles Times, a spokesman for Affleck stated on Monday that the two lawsuits have been “resolved to the mutual satisfaction of the parties” and are now being dismissed. No further details were given.
It was in July that two women working on the crew for I’m Still Here filed separate suits against Affleck, claiming he made numerous unwanted sexual advances throughout production. One of the women, Amanda White, also said the director brought two transvestite prostitutes on the set for his personal use in addition to harassing her.
The other woman, Magdalena Gorka, said in a separate lawsuit that the director even went so far as to climbing in bed with her while she was asleep. Gorka claims she awoke to find Affleck caressing her back, his breath smelling of alcohol.
Affleck’s attorney told the media that the claims were false. Brianna Gunter
www.latimes.com via thecelebritycafe.com